Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Day 108 - My Birthday Portrait


Today it is my birthday. I met Belinda at Art Oven bakery in Manuka for a coffee and some delicious morning tea. Following this we went across to the National Portrait Gallery. We had a wander around the galleries and were very happy to see the National Photographic Portrait Prize 2012 on display (for more information click here) With Belinda and I both interested in photography, we were very keen to wander through. There were some beautiful images on display. I had a few favourite pieces: Mum by Christopher Pearce, No Junk Mail by Juli Balla  and The 70 Year Old Jetty Jumper by Alex Frayne. My favourite was Millie by Louise Whelan.


Outside the exhibit the National Portrait Gallery have set up a corner for people to take their own portraits, with backdrops and props as well. Above is my portrait of Belinda, with a little editing done in Photoshop (no airbrushing!) I am very happy with the result. If you would like to see Belinda's portrait of me, click here)

The afternoon was spent making ganache for the cake to share with my lovely sister in law Meagan whose birthday is also today. Happy birthday Meagan!

Thanks Belinda for a very enjoyable day.

No comments:

Post a Comment