Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Day 4 - Banana Cake


I am a regular culprit of keeping bananas a little too long and allowing them to over ripen so I can make either banana bread or banana cake. Today with 3 bananas sitting in our fruit bowl waiting to be mashed, I made banana cake. I came across this recipe from my friend Sarah. It came with rave reviews and I was not disappointed. It is the moistest banana cake I have ever tried and has since become my quick and easy banana recipe.

Banana Cake

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups of self raising flour
1 teaspoon of bi carb soda
3/4 cup caster sugar
3 bananas, mashed
1/2 cup oil - I use sunflower or canola
2 eggs, lightly beaten

Method:
1. Sift flour and bi carb soda into a bowl.
2. Add sugar.
3. Make a well in the middle of the bowl and add mashed bananas, oil and eggs.
4. Stir until the mixture is smooth
5. Pour into a prepared cake tin and bake for 1 hour at 150 degrees celsius.

Ice with cream cheese icing or lemon icing if desired.

According to Sarah - with nearly 1/4 of a banana in each slice - it is almost healthy! Certainly it is delicious. Thanks for the recipe Sarah.


No comments:

Post a Comment